Class Information for ONS RENEWAL Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course and Bridge to Practice
This renewal course is designed specifically for nurses who have taken the online Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Certificate course and who have a valid provider card.
The ONS Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy Renewal course will guide you through four strategically planned case studies to ensure that your chemotherapy and immunotherapy knowledge stays current. The Bridge to Practice session will reinforce material from the online course and review NIH policies and procedures related to chemotherapy and biotherapy administration to oncology patients at NIH.
This course is reserved for Clinical Center Nursing Department RNs administering chemotherapy or biotherapy at NIH.
5.4 contact hours
To be successful in the course, RNs need to attend the entire 8 hour session. The session will provide participants with time to work on their online modules and to discuss recent changes to the NIH chemotherapy/biotherapy administration policies and procedures.
Clinical Center Nursing Department RNs administering chemotherapeutic/biologic agents to patients with an oncology diagnosis AND possessing a valid ONS provider card.
Upon completion of this activity, the learner will demonstrate knowledge of chemotherapy and immunotherapy administration by passing the post-test with score of 80% or higher.
1. Have the goal of maintaining the CCND "Chemotherapy and Biotherapy" competency for oncology patients.
2. Hold a current, valid CCND "Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs" competency.
3. Have completed the CCND Oncology Education Series: "Introduction to Oncology."
4. Have completed the CCND Oncology Education Series; "Concepts, Trends, and Care."
5. Hold a current ONS Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Provider Card.
Sessions Open for Registration