Registration will not be complete until you click the Register button after you Login or Sign Up below.
Class Name: ONS RENEWAL Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course with CCND Bridge-to-Practice:November 2, 2023
Number of Slots: 14
Description: This renewal course is designed specifically for nurses who have taken the online ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course and who have a current/valid provider card.
This course is offered monthly on the first Thursday of every month unless otherwise indicated. Participants must enroll in a course date offered in Class Track PRIOR to the expiration date on their ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Provider Card.
The ONS/ONCC RENEWAL Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course will guide you through four strategically planned case studies to ensure your Chemo/Immunotherapy knowledge is current related to pharmacology, safe handling of hazardous drugs, as well as patient education and symptom management.
The CCND Bridge-to-Practice session will reinforce material from the online course and review NIH policies, procedures, and standards of practice related to patient education of oncology patients in the Clinical Center. The role of Genetics and Genomics in the treatment and management of cancer will also be discussed.
This course is reserved for Clinical Center Nursing Department RNs administering chemo/immunotherapy at NIH.
Contact Hours: 4.5 contact hours provided by ONS. Total class time is 8 hours.
Special Comments: To be successful in the course, RNs need to attend the entire 8 hour session.
The location of this course will be online during a telework/education day. You will receive detailed instructions via email prior to the course start date. Participants should plan to work remotely on this course and ensure telework agreements are in place with their Nurse Manager.
Participants should expect to receive a course reminder with instructions for the class day at least 1 week prior to the course. It will include:
- Detailed instructions that must be followed prior to the course date. You must use the activation link from your work email account. You will be enrolled in the ONS course at no cost to you through the On Demand Platform. You will then be able to access this course from any computer by logging into your personal ONS account.
- Instructions for accessing ABSORB to complete the Bridge to Practice portion of this course. (you will be automatically enrolled in the ABSORB portion of the course at this time)
- Instructions for completing modules in ABSORB for the CCND Bridge-to-Practice, the portion of the course which reviews application of new knowledge in our setting as well as updates to CCND policies, procedures, and standards of practice
- Time management tips during the class day for completing the ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Course on ONSs website
- Information about access to a 1 hour LIVE (synchronous) discussion via ZOOM (an outlook invite with meeting code will be sent in outlook the same day the course reminder is sent)
Participants must provide documentation that they successfully renewed their ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Provider Card within 2 weeks of the class date.
Target Audience: Clinical Center Nursing Department RNs administering chemo/immunotherapy to patients with an Oncology diagnosis AND possessing a current/valid ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Provider Card.
Course Objectives: 1. Discuss the importance of standardizing patient education. 2. Identify 2 learning needs from patient case study. 3. State 2 resources available to use for patient education. 4. Describe the implications for testing for tumor molecular abnormalities. 5. State 2 mutations and their significance. 6. State the oncology nurse’s role in era of precision medicine. 7. Complete the ONS/ONCC Renewal Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course with a passing score of 80% or higher. 8. Participate in a Zoom discussion/debrief of Bridge-to-Practice content reviewed in ABSORB
Pre-requisites: 1. Have the goal of maintaining the CCND "Chemotherapy and Biotherapy" competency for oncology patients.
2. Hold a current, valid CCND "Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs" competency.
3. Have completed the CCND Oncology Education Series: "Introduction to Oncology."
4. Have completed the CCND Oncology Education Series; "Concepts, Trends, and Care."
5. Hold a current ONS Chemo/Immuno Provider Card.
Thu Nov 02, 23 07:00 AM
NIH Clinical Center:ONLINE
Class Type: Online
|Thursday November 02, 2023||07:00 AM - 03:30 PM||NIH Clinical Center:ONLINE|