Registration will not be complete until you click the Register button after you Login or Sign Up below.
Class Name: ONS RENEWAL Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course with CCND Bridge-to-Practice :February 3, 2022
Number of Slots: 14
Description: This renewal course is designed specifically for nurses who have taken the online ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course and who have a current/valid provider card.
This course is offered monthly on the first Thursday of every month. Participants must enroll in a course date offered in Class Track PRIOR to the expiration date on their ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Provider Card.
The ONS/ONCC RENEWAL Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course will guide you through four strategically planned case studies to ensure your Chemo/Immunotherapy knowledge is current related to pharmacology, safe handling of Hazardous Drugs, as well as patient education and symptom management.
The CCND Bridge-to-Practice session will reinforce material from the online course and review NIH policies, procedures, and standards of practice related to chemo/immunotherapy and HD administration to Oncology patients in the Clinical Center.
This course is reserved for Clinical Center Nursing Department RNs administering chemo/immunotherapy at NIH.
Contact Hours: 5.4 contact hours provided by ONS. Total class time is 8 hours.
Special Comments: To be successful in the course, RNs need to attend the entire 8 hour session.
The location of this course may change abruptly as COVID restrictions change. You will receive detailed instructions via email prior to the course start date. Participants should plan to work remotely on this course and ensure telework agreements are in place with their Nurse Manager. The email prior to the class will clarify if the course is being held online or in person.
Participants should expect to receive a course reminder with instructions for the class day at least 1 week prior to the course. It will include:
- A voucher code for the ONS/ONCC Portion of the course
- Instructions for accessing ABSORB, where they will find instructions for redeeming the voucher with ONS (you will be automatically enrolled in the ABSORB portion of the course at this time)
- Instructions for completing modules in ABSORB for the CCND Bridge-to-Practice, the portion of the course which reviews application of new knowledge in our setting as well as updates to CCND policies, procedures, and standards of practice
- Time management tips during the class day for completing the ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Course on ONSs website
- Information about access to a 1 hour LIVE (synchronous) discussion via WEBEX (an outlook invite with meeting code will be sent in outlook the same day the course reminder is sent)
Participants must provide documentation that they successfully redeemed their Course Voucher AND proof that they renewed their ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Provider Card within 2 weeks of the class date.
Target Audience: Clinical Center Nursing Department RNs administering chemo/immunotherapy to patients with an Oncology diagnosis AND possessing a current/valid ONS/ONCC Chemo/Immunotherapy Provider Card.
Course Objectives: 1. Review how USP<800> applies to the safe handling of hazardous drugs.
2. Identify resources used in the CC to identify a hazardous drug and the PPE used for that agent.
3. Demonstrate hazardous drug safety surrounding spill management and disposal of contaminated items.
4. Describe the types and purpose of immunotherapy.
5. Identify nursing considerations for each type of immunotherapy.
6. Complete the ONS/ONCC Renewal Chemo/Immunotherapy Certificate Course with a passing score of 80% or higher.
7. Participate in a Webex discussion/debrief of Bridge-to-Practice content reviewed in ABSORB
Pre-requisites: 1. Have the goal of maintaining the CCND "Chemotherapy and Biotherapy" competency for oncology patients.
2. Hold a current, valid CCND "Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs" competency.
3. Have completed the CCND Oncology Education Series: "Introduction to Oncology."
4. Have completed the CCND Oncology Education Series; "Concepts, Trends, and Care."
5. Hold a current ONS Chemo/Immuno Provider Card.
Thu Feb 03, 22 07:00 AM
NIH Clinical Center:TBD
Class Type: Hybrid
|Thursday February 03, 2022||07:00 AM - 03:30 PM||NIH Clinical Center:TBD|