Class Information for BMTCN Review Course
Session: May 16 & 23, 2023 BMTCN Review Course
Class Size: 12
# Openings: 2
Class Session Date(s): 01/01/23 - 12/31/23
Registration Dates: 03/28/2023 12:00 PM - 12/31/2023 11:00 PM
Coordinator: Megan E Mikula
Specialty nursing certification is the validation of nurses' advanced knowledge and experience in the specialty. Certification enhances credibility and provides assurance that the nurse has met all of the eligibility criteria and achieved the standards of the Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation to provide expertblood and marrow transplant nursing care. This two-day comprehensive review course will help the experienced blood and marrow transplant nurse identify their own knowledge gaps in order to develop a study plan to prepare for the BMTCN® Certification Exam.
This activity has been submitted to Maryland Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. Maryland Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Clinical Center Nursing Department Clinical Research Nurses participating in the course will receive a copy of the ONS "BMTCN Certification Review Manual".
Experienced Blood and Marrow Transplant Nurses who are preparing for the BMTCN exam. This is not an introductory course. This course assumes RNs have foundational knowledge in the specialty and recent experience caring for or managing blood and marrow transplant patients.
1. State the scientific principles of transplantation and cellular therapy.
2. Describe sources of cellular products and processes for infusion.
3. Compare and contrast early and late post-transplant complications including patient management and education.
4. Discuss quality of life considerations for transplant and cellular therapy recipients.
5. State the transplant nurse’s professional and ethical responsibilities.
6. By the end of the program, nurses will be able to identify strengths and limitations of their hematopoietic stem cell transplant and adoptive cellular therapy knowledge to design an individualized study plan to prepare for the BMTCN® exam.
A minimum of 24 months of nursing experience within the last 4 years and at least 2000 hours of blood and marrow transplant practice within the last 4 years.
|Tuesday May 16, 2023||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM||NIH Clinical Center:B1C205 (FAES# 4)|
|Tuesday May 23, 2023||07:30 AM - 04:00 PM||NIH Clinical Center:B1C205 (FAES# 4)|