Class Information for Charge Nurse Workshop
This one-day course will provide information to prepare the nurse for the role of the charge nurse.
Contact hours will be award to those individuals who attend the entire event and complete and submit the evaluation forms.
This activity has been submitted to the Maryland Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Maryland Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Program speakers and coordinators have no relevant financial relationships, conflicts of interest, commercial support or non-commercial sponsorship relating to this course.
In order to receive full contact hour credit for this CNE activity, you must:
1. Sign the roster with your name and contact information.
2. Attend the entire activity.
3. Complete and submit the evaluation form(s) as directed before you leave at the course conclusion.
Please contact Melanie Mudd at (301) 827-4755 for further information regarding contact hours.
Nurses with at least one year of experience at the Clinical Center.
1. Describe the charge nurse roles and responsibilities.
2. Identify differences between types of conflict and appropriate problem solving frameworks within carious clinical situations.
3. Identify the process used to obtain supplemental staff from the Central Staffing Office.
4. Characterize the role of the Administrative Coordinator (AC).
5. Analyze personal leadership style and its impact upon communication.
6. Apply the rights of delegation to patient care assignments.
7. Describe and demonstrate the process for developing a patient care unit staffing assignment.
Sessions Open for Registration